tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brigger Patrick <Patrick.Brig...@GETABSTRACT.com>
Subject RE: keeping sessions when switching from http to https
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:51:11 GMT
Dear David,

Yes, with cookies turned on it alsow works on my end, no problem. However,
many people have cookies turned off, and for any real world application, it
MUST also work when cookies are turned off.

Go to Netscape, turn cookies off, and then try your own programs again. If
you can still switch from one to the other, bingo, I will pay you something
if you tell me the trick.

(I am using secure and insecure in same context).

Thanks,

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cassidy (Programmer) [mailto:dcassidy@hotgen.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 24. Juli 2001 18:22
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: keeping sessions when switching from http to https

This is rubbish.

I'm using tomcat and switching between secure and non secure sites and
the session is following no probs. (i'm using cookies though)

Is your context the same on the secure and insecure ones ?

Can you provide an example of the link that you are using to go
between the insecure one and the secure one.
( and the link that it produces :) )

Thanks

David