tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Cochrane <andr...@colorsolutions.com.au>
Subject Re: AGAIN: Does Apache worth it?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 08:30:54 GMT
I aggree Tomcat was never really designed to serve HTML just JSP, use apache
as the HTML server.

Andrew

on 2/7/01 6:59 PM, Eitan Ben Noach at EitanB@proficiency.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm sending this question again, since my mail system crashed and I didn't
> get any of your answers ( if any ).
>
> If you already posted any idea concerning this issue to this mailing list, I
> will appreciate if you will post it again.
>
> Here is the original message:
>

>> We are intending to use Apache & Tomcat as web server in our product,
>> and preliminary experiments show excellent performance.
>>
>> Most of our web pages are JSPs and servlets, and few HTMLs and Gifs.
>>
>> We wonder what is the contribution of Apache in our scenario
>> - some of us
>> think that Tomcat standalone is enough.
>>
>> Is there any advantage of using Apache and not Tomcat standalone?
>>
>> We will appreciate any contributing input.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -----------------------------
>> Eitan Ben-Noach
>> Proficiency, Ltd.
>>
>> Tel: +972.2.548.0287
>> Fax: +972.2.586.3871
>> email: eitanb@proficiency.com
>>
>> The Intelligence in Engineering Supply Chain Collaboration
>> <http://www.proficiency.com/>

Andrew Cochrane
Manager - Information Technology & Systems

Color Solutions Australia
171 Bank Street
South Melbourne, 3205
Australia
Tel: +61 3 9699 8255
Fax: +61 3 9699 7197
ISDN: +61 3 9682 3576
BBS: +61 3 9692 2995
Email: andrewc@colorsolutions.com.au
Web: www.colorsolutions.com.au

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended only
for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Recipients other than those
intended may not copy, use, disclose or further communicate its contents and
are asked to please inform the sender of their error and to immediately and
completely delete the original and any copies from their machines.
Thankyou.