tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tait, Allen" <>
Subject WAR files and the WEB-INF/lib directory
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:29:55 GMT
I am working on a web publishing app and am using Tomcat 3.2.1 with Cocoon.
My application is installed by putting the .war file in the
tomcat_home/webapps directory and restarting Tomcat.  I am finding that any
.jar files that I include in the WEB-INF/lib directory are not available to
my application.  However, if I explicitly include them in the CLASSPATH,
when tomcat starts, everything works fine.  Is there some configuration that
I am missing or is an entry required in the web.xml file to get Tomcat to
look at the application's WEB-INF/lib directory?  I want to keep some .jars
that apply to a particular app out of the global environment.

View raw message