tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patterson, David" <david.patter...@wcpenfold.com.au>
Subject Problems with a tomcat build.
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 01:49:31 GMT
I'm installing a tomcat container from source on redhat 7.

I installed Sun JDK 1.3.1.
I installed the XML Parser and ANT. (Ant built with no errors.)
I installed the SSL extension classes.
I built and installed the servlet API. (Again, no errors.)

The jdk/bin is in $PATH

When I come to run the build.sh for tomcat I get the following
result:Searching for build.xml ...
Buildfile: /usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/build.xml

prepare:
tomcat:
    [javac] Compiling 5 source files to
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/build/tomcat/classes
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/J
spCompiler.java:136:
Method getClassName(java.lang.String) not found in class
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ClassName.
    [javac]             realClassName = ClassName.getClassName(
getClassFileName() );
    [javac]                                                   ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/J
spCompiler.java:137:
Exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException is never thrown in the
body of the corresponding try statement.
    [javac]         } catch( JasperException ex) {
    [javac]           ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/J
spParseEventListener.java:867:
Wrong number of arguments in constructor.
    [javac]             = new GeneratorWrapper(new
ForwardGenerator(start, attrs, param),
    [javac]                                    ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/J
spParseEventListener.java:877:
Wrong number of arguments in constructor.
    [javac]             = new GeneratorWrapper(new
IncludeGenerator(start, attrs, param),
    [javac]                                    ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/JspC.java:
367:
Method compile() not found in class
org.apache.jasper.compiler.CommandLineCompiler.
    [javac]             clc.compile();
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet/Js
pServlet.java:462:
Method compile() not found in class
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.
    [javac]             outDated = compiler.compile();
    [javac]                                        ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet/Js
pServlet.java:467:
Method compile() not found in class
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.        [javac]
     outDated = compiler.compile();
    [javac]                                                    ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet/Js
pServlet.java:471:
Exception java.io.FileNotFoundException is never thrown in the body of
the corresponding try statement.
    [javac]         } catch (FileNotFoundException ex) {
    [javac]           ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet/Js
pServlet.java:473:
Exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException is never thrown in the
body of the corresponding try statement.
    [javac]         } catch (JasperException ex) {
    [javac]           ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/request/Js
pInterceptor.java:205:
Method compile() not found in class
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.
    [javac] 		compiler.compile();
    [javac] 		                ^
    [javac] Note:
/usr/local/etc/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/request/Js
pInterceptor.java
uses or overrides a deprecated API.  Recompile with "-deprecation" for
details.
    [javac] 10 errors, 1 warning

Total time: 4 seconds

Any guess what I screwed up this time?

A google search threw up 3 other people who had the same problem but
no answer

:(

TIA

Dave P.