tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Making Tomcat 3.2 A Service On Win 2000 ( using jdk 1.3.0_02 )
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:15:49 GMT

	1.  No quotes and no spaces in filenames allowed.  Use one backslash
(\) in your paths.  The examples that come in the conf directory are
correctly formatted, but probably for the wrong directories.
	2.  Sun fixed the problem for JDK 1.3.1.  All 1.3.0 versions have
problems.  Also, all versions of the 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.1.8, and 1.1.7 line
that I have worked with have been fine, although rumor has it that some
versions of 1.2.0 had the same problem.  Also, rumor has it that beta 1.4
works fine as a service (but has other issues).

	Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell, Steve [mailto:Steve.Russell@valueoptions.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 2:48 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Making Tomcat 3.2 A Service On Win 2000 ( using jdk 1.3.0_02 )

Hi;

I found some instructions at jakarta.apache.org for making tomcat a service:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/NT-Service-howto.html

It didn't answer some questions I would like to know before I begin.

1. The instructions mention setting TOMCAT_HOME in wrapper.properties.
    Lets say this is c:\tomcat.....do I put it inq uotes?  Do I use the "\"
as a path seperator or a "/"?

2. The instructions mention that there is a bug in jdk1.3 that if you follow
thei nstructions to make
    tomcat a service and you stop the service no clean up will happen.  Is
there anything bad about
    that?  What will not happen?   Does this bug also exist in jdk1.3.0_02
?

Thanks in advance

Steve Russell
Web Developer III
ValueOptions - Lifescape
703-205-6589
steve.russell@valueoptions.com

the sender by email, delete and destroy this message and its
attachments.