tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: java error window
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:17:21 GMT
> To cause a servlet to load on starting tomcat, i found the
> <load-on-startup> tag has been used in tomcat's default
> web.xml in the conf directory.what does  the no.
> supplied(-2147483646) stand for?.i used the same no. for my
> own servlet and it worked fine.

The value refers to the order of startup. In other words,
the lower the number the sooner a servlet is loaded during the
startup process.  This is particularly important if you make a
request in one servlet to another servlet.  It best to use this,
in practice, with values greater than 0.

> Try this: Can i create a servlet which loads on tomcat
> startup,and access database in the init method?if yes--my
> server window showed that the servlet retrieved data from
> database as expected,but then an illegal operation window
> appeared  and my server stopped repeatedly.
> if this is due memory shortage is it due my
> Database,jvm,tomcat being on the same machine(Win98,oracle
> personal ed.,tomcat3.2.1,jdk1.2.2). on suggested by
> Andrew(AndrewBruno@Yahoo.com) i played with the memory
> settings in dos properties frame,but to no
> avail.(Incidentally can i use multiple jvms.)
> this same window appears when i use a jsp page accessing
> database.but it disappears if i use only servlets accessing database.
> the msgbox showed the following:

What JDBC driver are you using?

---
Michael Wentzel