tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vernon, Clayton" <Clayton.Ver...@ENRON.com>
Subject ? about getremoteaddr
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:58:35 GMT
When I tried to upgrade everything, my application stopped functioning.
It no longer can get the remote IP address, nor do the *.jsp handlers
seem to work to use mod_jk.so.

I have Apache 2.0, Tomcat 3.3 b1 built, and the mod_jk.so for A2.0 built
from this distribution.

I can start Tomcat fine, and Apache fine, and when I go to my server
with Apache I can "switch" over to Tomcat to see the examples at
server:8080.

Most of the examples seem to run fine.

Except one, and it's the one I care most about. If I use "snoop" I get
127.0.0.1 as the remote address, and localhost as the remote host.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Apart from the IP address, the
Tomcat stand-alone seems to be functioning well. It's just thinking
everyone out there has the same default IP and is giving all of them the
same stored data (was IP-specific).

Also, does anyone know why Apache 2.0 isn't letting me execute the
.jsp's. I have to redirect to Tomcat to get them to work.

Also, why doesn't Tomcat running stand-alone know the answer to
getRemoteAddr?

Thank you,

Clayton Vernon
Houston, Texas

PS Is there a URL for a newsserver I might receive?