tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Swart, James (Jim) ** CTR **" <swa...@agere.com>
Subject RE: Win2K Server - Tomcat - Linksys Router Issue
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:53:37 GMT
I run a broadband linksys firewall and have no problems.  I CAN tell you
that if you have your "port forwarding" section on for ports tomcat might
assign connections, it may make it hang (since I assume it assigns the ports
above 1024 and increments??).. I may be off, just some thoughts.

Jim Swart
Agere Systems - Colorado Design Center
Site Systems Administrator & IT Focal Point
(Boulder, Longmont, Westminster & Denver)

INTERNAL WEB:  http://coloradoit.agere.com
	  VOICE:  (720) 494-2330
	      FAX:  (720) 494-2331
      SITE ADMIN:  (720) 494-2456

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Solecki [mailto:garth_gump@excite.com]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 11:35 AM
To: List, Tomcat
Subject: Win2K Server - Tomcat - Linksys Router Issue

HI all, I have a wierd problem that I can't seem to figure out.  I'm running
Windows 2000 server Service Pack 2 and Tomcat.  The server sits behind a
Linksys broadband router.  My problem is that whenever I refresh my browser
6 times my Linksys router hangs and no requests seem to be able to get out
or in until I reset the router.  This also seems to have been happening
since the Code-Red worm came about.  I saw a bunch of garbage in my command
window that had the site WWW.WORM.COM in it.  I checked the computer for
viruses, and came up empty.  I'm sorry I can't tell you the version of
Tomcat I have since i do not have the server anywhere near me, but it's a
recent setup so it's most likely the latest non-beta build of Tomcat.  Has
anyone ever heard of anything like this or had any experiences near this
type?  Please help.  My friend and I would like to get our test website up
and running again, but this is causing some real problems.

Thanks,

Dave
garth_gump@excite.com

Send a cool gift with your E-Card