tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Russell, Steve" <Steve.Russ...@valueoptions.com>
Subject Making Tomcat 3.2 A Service On Win 2000 ( using jdk 1.3.0_02 )
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:48:17 GMT
Hi;

I found some instructions at jakarta.apache.org for making tomcat a service:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/NT-Service-howto.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/NT-Service-howto.html>

It didn't answer some questions I would like to know before I begin.

1. The instructions mention setting TOMCAT_HOME in wrapper.properties.
    Lets say this is c:\tomcat.....do I put it in quotes?  Do I use the "\"
as a path seperator or a "/"?

2. The instructions mention that there is a bug in jdk1.3 that if you follow
the instructions to make
    tomcat a service and you stop the service no clean up will happen.  Is
there anything bad about
    that?  What will not happen?   Does this bug also exist in jdk1.3.0_02
?

Thanks in advance

Steve Russell

Web Developer III
ValueOptions - Lifescape
703-205-6589
steve.russell@valueoptions.com

the sender by email, delete and destroy this message and its
attachments.