tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Russell, Steve" <>
Subject Making Tomcat 3.2 A Service On Win 2000 ( using jdk 1.3.0_02 )
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:48:17 GMT
I found some instructions at for making tomcat a service:
It didn't answer some questions I would like to know before I begin.
1. The instructions mention setting TOMCAT_HOME in
    Lets say this is c:\ I put it in quotes?  Do I use the "\"
as a path seperator or a "/"?
2. The instructions mention that there is a bug in jdk1.3 that if you follow
the instructions to make
    tomcat a service and you stop the service no clean up will happen.  Is
there anything bad about
    that?  What will not happen?   Does this bug also exist in jdk1.3.0_02
Thanks in advance

Steve Russell

Web Developer III
ValueOptions - Lifescape

the sender by email, delete and destroy this message and its

View raw message