tomcat-users mailing list archives

From guido.bart...@gerling.de
Subject AW: web.xml upgrading 3.1 -> 3.2.2
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:52:32 GMT
Hi John,

the web.xml in the conf dir is not processed anymore since tomcat 3.2.

Move your changes from that web.xml in conf to the web.xml in the web-app
dir.
The it should work.
We needed very much time to figure this out and don't know if this change
was offically repoerted.

Kind regards
Guido

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Gentilin [mailto:gentijo@eyecatching.com]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 17. Juli 2001 07:17
An: Apache TomCat Project
Betreff: web.xml upgrading 3.1 -> 3.2.2

I am trying to upgrade my 3.1 install to 3.2 and I am using
the web.xml file in the conf directory for some special mappings
so Tomcat works in my development enviorment. After installing
the new version, it does not seem that Tomcat picks up my servlet
mappings. The classes are part of the system class path so I should
not have a visibility problem except for maybe a permissions problem
and is does not seem like Tomcat is even recognizing the URL. Can
anyone help with the problem, below is my web.xml changes.

Thanks
John G

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            cmd-mgr
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            com.smart911.gca.CmdMgr
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            cmd-mgr
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            /cmd/*
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

This message is intended for the adressee or its representative only. Any form of unauthorized
use, publication, reproduction, copying or disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not
permitted. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all its attachments subsequently.