tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Problem changing default web.xml : conf/web.xml is not processed
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 07:34:01 GMT
Hi there,

I have a problem changing the web.xml in the conf dir (conf/web.xml).
I wanted to configure some central stuff there and wondered why it isn't
Then I placed a wrong tag with no closing tag into the web.xml.
The sax-parser must throw an exception with this file.
But nothing happened.
I tested the same wrong tag in an webapps web.xml file. There I got the
My conclusion is now, that the default web.xml is not proccessed!

I wonder why, because the server.xml file is in the same directory.
If server.xml is found by tomcat, why not the default web.xml.

I can post a log-trace if you are intereseted, but I don't see any
informative help in it.
Be method opening the default web.xml does not log anything.

Any comments, how I can make tomcat reading and processing the default
web.xml are welcome.

Kind regards

This message is intended for the adressee or its representative only. Any form of unauthorized
use, publication, reproduction, copying or disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not
permitted. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all its attachments subsequently.

View raw message