tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eoin Woods <>
Subject RE: Error when starting Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:46:37 GMT
This looks like the dynamic linker can't find when it tries to
load - which is really strange because is a really
fundamental library and is in /usr/lib.  Are you running this on the same
version of Solaris it was built on?

Try running ldd(1m) on and see how it resolves references.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brawner, Jerry J []
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 6:18 AM
To: ''
Subject: Error when starting Tomcat

I'm having the following errors print to the screen when I start Tomcat.
Any suggestions?

Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages

/usr/lib/ Unresolved symbol: dlclose (code)  from
/usr/lib/ Unresolved symbol: dlopen (code)  from
/usr/lib/ Unresolved symbol: dlerror (code)  from
/usr/lib/ Unresolved symbol: dlsym (code)  from

View raw message