tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eoin Woods <wo...@intertrust.com>
Subject RE: Error when starting Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:46:37 GMT
This looks like the dynamic linker can't find libdl.so.1 when it tries to
load mod_jk.so - which is really strange because libdl.so.1 is a really
fundamental library and is in /usr/lib.  Are you running this on the same
version of Solaris it was built on?

Try running ldd(1m) on mod_jk.so and see how it resolves references.

Cheers,

Eoin.
-----Original Message-----
From: Brawner, Jerry J [mailto:Jerry.Brawner@SW.Boeing.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 6:18 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Error when starting Tomcat

I'm having the following errors print to the screen when I start Tomcat.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlclose (code)  from
/home/brawnerj/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlopen (code)  from
/home/brawnerj/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlerror (code)  from
/home/brawnerj/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlsym (code)  from
/home/brawnerj/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so