tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eoin Woods <wo...@intertrust.com>
Subject RE: PoolMan woes
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:11:11 GMT
Hi Matt,

PoolMan comes with a bunch of third party JAR files in the "lib"
subdirectory.  PoolMan relies upon these JAR files as well as poolman.jar.

The one you are missing here is jta.jar.

According to the PoolMan User Guide the jdbc2_0-stdext.jar, jmxri.jar,
jta.jar and xerces.jar libraries are REQUIRED.  The jmxtools.jar, ant.jar,
junit.jar and poolman-testsuite.jar files are OPTIONAL (jmxtools.jar is used
for the HTML admin agent, the rest are for development and testing).

Cheers,

Eoin.
-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Barre [mailto:mbarre@digiterra.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 10:06 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: PoolMan woes

Thank you for the help. I upgraded to jdk1.3.1 which got PoolMan running. I
can now setup
the config file and tomcat presents me with a list of available pools when I
use the
packaged poolman application. I ran queries against the pool and had no
problems. I
shutdown Tomcat, and changed the poolman.xml. Next time I ran PoolMan it
gave me the error
listed below. I restored a backup copy of poolman.xml that had worked
before, but the
error persists. What's the trick I'm still missing? My problem now is that I
get a weird
error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/xa/XAResource
	at com.codestudio.util.JDBCPool.create(JDBCPool.java:328)
at com.codestudio.util.ObjectPool.checkOut(ObjectPool.java:214)
	at com.codestudio.util.JDBCPool.requestConnection(JDBCPool.java:407)
	at
com.codestudio.util.SQLManager.requestConnection(SQLManager.java:193)
	at com.codestudio.util.SQLUtil.executeSql(SQLUtil.java:234)
	at com.codestudio.util.PoolManBean.getResults(PoolManBean.java:62)

I have PoolMan.jar in tomcat/lib as well as in /jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/ext. I
would appear that
it finds the .jar. Thanks for the help from everyone! Sometimes I wonder if
I'm ever going
to get this working. :)