tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sladky, Jan" <Jan.Sla...@partner.commerzbank.com>
Subject AW: Tomcat startup under NT
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:38:02 GMT
I've seen this behaviour when the server.xml was messed up i.e. it was
edited (e.g. with a tool like Frontpage oder Wordpad (?)).
The solution was to start with a default server.xml (from the tomcat
zip-archive).

hth
jan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Herder [mailto:dherder@triad-graphics.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2001 22:57
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Tomcat startup under NT

Essential Info:
Tomcat 3.2.2
Apache 1.3.20
NT 4 Workstation Service pack 4
JDK 1.3.1

When executing the command startup from TOMCAT_HOME, a startup window
appears then disappears in a fraction of a second. I read in the FAQ that
this is due to memory allocation for the command prompt, but under NT, I
cannot find a way to change this. Nonetheless, I don't think this is the
probem, as I am also getting a "500 Internal Server Error" when trying to
run servlets. I have followed the suggestions in the faq about capitalizing
the WEB-INF folder, but this has not changed anything.

But first things first, any suggestions on keeping the Tomcat Window open??

Thanks,
Dave