tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brida, Tony" <TBr...@WilmingtonTrust.com>
Subject Help on Issuing a GET from Java to Apache
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:56:26 GMT
hi,

I've copied a java program that opens a socket and returns a file.  The
program works well
against URL's directed to other sites but not against my Apache site running
on NT.  I've ran
the java program from the Apache site and from another box.  Sockets are
created just fine,
it just looks like Apache is not serving up the file.  I thought it might be
a problem with
HTTP/1.0 because Apache is HTTP 1.1 but no luck.

Here's what's being written out :
(note this is working on other sites :-) )

		writer.write("GET " + file + " HTTP/1.0\r\n\n");
		writer.flush();

regards, tony

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.
~~