tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Weissenbacher <MWeissenbac...@net4you.net>
Subject RE: Apache as dependant service
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:41:38 GMT
open regedt32 (not regedit, as it does not support reg_multi_sz) and go to
hkey_local_machine/system/currentcontrolset/services and look for example at
the browser service.
in the service "folder" you'll find a value named DependOnServices of type
reg_multi_sz. seperated by newline characters you can insert names for
services that this service depends on. so go to your apache service and
create the value DependOnServices and enter tomcat.

thats all
michael weissenbacher

-----Original Message-----
From: JBrawner@silenus.com [mailto:JBrawner@silenus.com]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 4:19 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Apache as dependant service

I know have Tomcat and Apache running as services on Win2000.  Since Tomcat
must start before Apache, how do I make Apache depend on Tomcat?  In other
words, how can I guarantee that Tomcat will start before Apache?

In the Win2000 services there is a tab for dependencies but its disabled.
I am administrator of the box.  Any ideas?

Jason E. Brawner
Silenus Group