tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kaneda K <kan...@dedaletechnology.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Realm Questions Tomcat 3.2.2
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:25:38 GMT
At 17:02 05/07/2001 +0530, you wrote:
>I am looking for same....

in TC 3.1.x : it does not work (I never managed)
in TC 3.2.x : it does work but there is only 1 realms for all the Webapps
in TC 3.3.x : it does work and you have 1 realm per webapp (I also think
you might be able to share realms but I never try)

It does. I personally use it, and it . It is stable.
I use mySQL mm driver.
(NB: for the mySQL user add
autoReconnect=true
otherwise the realms crash an no one can be indentify correctly
that make that
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://LOCALHOST:3306/mydatabase?autoReconnect=true"

>Has anyone been successful in referencing a jdbc datasource configured in
>the
>server.xml of Tomcat 3.2.2? If so, how?

I did not, meanwhile I did really understand what a "jdbc datasource" is or
should be
I use perssale class and ERWIN datapool