tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ramon Buckland <ramon.buckl...@f5.com.au>
Subject RE: jdbc odbc bridge on linux
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:47:11 GMT

Here is a free JDBC Driver for MSSQL 7.0

http://www.thinweb.com/tw_download_twfreetds.html

It is based on FreeTDS from www.freetds.org which also has
it's own JDBC Driver. I don't know what differences they hold.

I wouldn't say it is production quality. But it does do simple
SELECT's etc. We have a few problems with it and thus use
a commercial version also.

Cheers.

- Ramon

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Seach [mailto:jwseach@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, 29 July 2001 10:12 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: jdbc odbc bridge on linux

The jdbc odbc bridge requires an odbc driver on the
local machine.  The local datasource then points to
the remote machine that the server is on, rather than
the JDBC URL.  The jdbc odbc driver is also not
multi-threaded, so not a good choice for using with
Tomcat.

I'm not aware of any free jdbc drivers that will work
with SQL Server, but there are a number of commercial
solutions.  I use the OPTA 2000 driver from
www.inetsoftware.de.

Hope this helps,

Jim