tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim O'Neil <>
Subject RE: Installation of at AIX 433
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:07:26 GMT
At 03:37 PM 7/11/2001, you wrote:
>Are you using gcc or C for AIX / VisualAge?
>I'm using visualage 5.0, and needed to hack apxs thus:
>-U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qcpluscmt -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp
>-I../lib/expat-lite `../apaci`);            # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
>my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q(-H512 -T512 -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE -bnoentry -bexpall
>-bI:/usr/local/apache/libexec/httpd.exp -lc); # substituted via
>note: I'm not an apxs expert so most of these options probably
>       depend on the options you built apache with.
>       I've not tried gcc.

I've *generally* had fewer problems using gcc to do things
than when using the hardware vendor's tools. Sparcworks 4
(for sun work stations obviously) had a notorious rep in a
shop I worked at a few years ago. Visualage too, for AIX
but I often wonder if the problems I experienced weren't due
more to AIX's archaic shared memory model than to the compiler.

View raw message