tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Debra Bartling <bartl...@peer.berkeley.edu>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.2 servlet log problems
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 22:38:49 GMT
I have just installed Tomcat 3.2.2 (binary distribution, Solaris 7, Java
1.3.0_02, mod_jk built from source, Apache 1.3.19) and I'm having two
problems with the logs.

FIRST: My servlets are not writing to any of my log files when I call
log("message"). The log files get created OK when I start tomcat
(jasper.log, servlet.log, and tomcat.log) and I see the servlet init and
destroy messages in the servlet.log, so tomcat is able to write to the logs.

I have tried suggestions from archives of this list -- log (String,
Throwable), getServletContext().log(...), and init(config) vs. init() --
without success. I have another system with a very old version of Apache
JServ (and the old JSDK 2.0) and the same servlets write to jserv.log with
no problem, but not under Tomcat, so I'm assuming the servlets themselves
are fine and something is not configured correctly.

SECOND: My tomcat.log is full of these messages:

[jk_uri_worker_map.c (335)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::uri_worker_map_close,
NULL parameter
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (185)]: In jk_uri_worker_map_t::uri_worker_map_free,
NULL parameters

Otherwise everything appears to be working correctly. I can run all the
examples and my servlets get executed correctly. Can anyone help?

Debra Bartling
Programmer/Analyst
Earthquake Engineering Research Center
University of California, Berkeley