tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Cheesman <jch...@msl.es>
Subject Re: Cannot find my JavaBeans
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:36:25 GMT
At 03:25 PM 18/07/01, you wrote:
>I would like to create a directory tree under \webapps which is helpful for
>delivering a course. So it should be
>\webapps\student1, \webapps\student2, and so on, with each
>\webapps\student-n having further subdirectories like chpt1, chpt2, etc, for
>different projects. I want to keep everything distinct during the course so
>that all jsp files and JavaBeans are separated by student and chapter. So
>for the jsp files I would use
>\webapps\student1\chpt1
>\webapps\student1\chpt2
>\webapps\student1\chpt3

The "normal" way to do this would be:
JSP files:
\webapps\student1\jsp\chpt1\*.jsp
\webapps\student1\jsp\chpt2\*.jsp

Beans, servlet code (not in jar files)
\webapps\student1\WEB-INF\classes\chpt1\*.class

With the beans and servlets in the package chpt1 (etc.)

This assumes you create a webapp (and context etc.) for each student, of
course.

HTH,
Jim

--