tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tsinwah Lee" <tl...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat standalone vs Tomcat w/ Apache
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:59:34 GMT
What? using Apache with Tomcat will increase the performance for static
pages? Well, my admin told me the opposite, she said the browser "hesitated"
for a fraction of a second and then the static pages got load up when using
Apache + Tomcat. So she wanted to use Tomcat standalone instead. So how come
there is an increase in performance? Please help me to convice my admin to
use both Apache and Tomcat. Thanks much in advance.

T.