tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Lichtin <lich...@bivio.net>
Subject Re: ajp13 slowish
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 01:20:40 GMT
GOMEZ Henri wrote:
w> Could you tell us more on Platform used in tests ?
> Also could you send us code which was used to do the
> benchmarks.

This is on a RedHat 7.1 system, with Tomcat 3.2.2, Java 1.3.1 from Sun.

Sorry, I have no actual test code. Our web application typically creates
a frameset. Sometimes, four frames are reloaded as a result of an
operation. Anyway, when accessing the application via port 8080, it
responds fast, ie. all frames are drawn instantly. Accessing the
application via port 80 (apache-ajp13), it shows delays when those
same pages are accessed.
It's obvious, just by clicking around, that there's something
in Apache or ajp13 slowing it down.

Let me know if you have some benchmarking code I could run.