tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Hebert <j...@vedalabs.com>
Subject Re: distribution
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:55:06 GMT
Knoll, Craig wrote:

> In the binary distribution folders, there are several files. I know I need "jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3.zip"
but what is "jakarta-servletapi-3.2.3.zip used for?

> Do I need this file in conjunction with Tomcat? Is it for JSP?

No.

> Is the usage of this file documented?

After you unarchive this file, take a look at
jakarta-servletapi-3.2.3/docs/index.html.

I believe this is the source for Tomcat servlet.jar. Tomcat is an
application server for the methods/functions contained in the
servlet.jar. Um, can anyone else come up with a better explanation? Like
St. Augustine, I know what it is until you ask me to explain it. :)

--
John Alex Hebert
john@vedalabs.com