tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Chan <si...@rawmart.com>
Subject Re: Problems with a simple JSP and mySQL connect
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:00:31 GMT
Which machine (host) and what db account you access the database from?

"Howler D. Wolfe" wrote:

> I have data in this table as follows
>
> HOST USER PW PRIVS (shortened to save space)
> -----------+-------------+-----------+---------------
> localhost root 9999 All are set to 'Y'
> larry root (empty) All are set to 'Y'
> localhost (empty) (empty) All are set to 'N'
> larry (empty) (empty) All are set to 'N'
> localhost howler 9999 All are set to 'Y'
>
> Not sure whats going on with this or what exactly should be here.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful
>
> Thanks
> John Brosan
>
> Simon Chan wrote:
>
> > Please check your mysql.user table to make sure that your client machine is in the
host field.

> > skc
> >
> > "Howler D. Wolfe" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Everyone,
> >>
> >> I apologize if this has been answered in a previous post. I've been digging
through old posts and
> >> and searching on the net for an answer to this problem.
> >>
> >> I am runnin Tomcat 3.2.2 and Apache 1.3.19 and MySQL (I think the latest version).
 I am able to
> >> run the examples without a hitch. I am new to Java, JSP and MySQL, I have created
a database with
> >> two tables, when I try to use the MySQL driver to connect to the database I
get the following error.

> >> I think I get this error because I don't have a user other than root setup on
MySQL. In my searching
> >> for an answer, I read about using the URL of the MySQL db as part of getConnection().
 I tried this
> >> and it failed due to the MySQL port not being open on my firewall. After I opened
the appropriate
> >> port, I got the same error.
> >>
> >> What have I failed to do when setting up MySQL? I've installed it, ran the grants,
I think I've done

--
Simon Chan, Senior System Analyst, Rawmart.com, Inc.
17/F MassMutual Tower, 38 Gloucester Rd, Hong Kong SAR, China

http://www.rawmart.com , the next dimension in the trading of
raw materials, please register now.

An initiative of the Noble Group.  Please visit us at
http://www.thisisnoble.com