tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Hebert <j...@vedalabs.com>
Subject Re: Crystal Reports
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:21:30 GMT
Hey, I know something Dmitri doesn't know! :)

Crystal Report files are database query results handled by a client
application to display them.

Bill, of course Tomcat can serve them. Check out ../tomcat/conf/web.xml,
specifically the <mime-mapping> section. But, Tomcat cannot _process_
them. Dmitri is correct in saying that Tomcat only executes servlets.
You may have a specific reason for wanting to use Tomcat, but I think
(w/o more info) that using Apache to serve w/ Tomcat integrated to
handle other servlet stuff is your best bet.

John

--
John Alex Hebert
john@vedalabs.com