tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Howler D. Wolfe" <how...@bigbadwolf.org>
Subject Re: Problems with a simple JSP and mySQL connect
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:58:53 GMT
Here is the code I am using.

Please try not to laugh too much, keep in mind I am new to JSP and Java. ;-)

Thanks
John Brosan

<%@page contentType="text/html" import="java.sql.*" %>

<%= new String("Hello there John") %>
<%
Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql:///howlerdb","howler",
"winston2644");

Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM tblMenu");

while (rs.next())
  {
  out.println(rs.getString("MnuItemName"));
  out.println("<BR>");
  }
try {
   if ( rs!=null  ) rs.close();