tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Hebert <j...@vedalabs.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:13:56 GMT
manhong wu wrote:

> To people who can help,
>
>  I recently download jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 and install it to window NT and
>  combine with JBuilder(IDE) successfully. But I have to use
>  ...(mydir)/servlet/...(pagename) to load my project, is there anyway I can
>  get rid of servlet and have my own URL instead ? Where is the file I need
>  modify ?

The file to modify is the web.xml for your web application. You can map
URLs to servlets there. Take a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/appdev/web.xml.txt to
see examples of how to do this. Be sure to read through
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/appdev/index.html.

 From the example:

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>graph</servlet-name>
   <description>
         This servlet produces GIF images that are dynamically generated
         graphs, based on the input parameters included on the request.
         It is generally mapped to a specific request URI like "/graph".
   </description>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>graph</servlet-name>