tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian McSweeney <Brian.McSwee...@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject securityManager problem - Please Help
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:45:43 GMT

Hi everyone,
I'm at my wit's end with trying to start Tomcat with a security Manager
on Solaris. I've uncommented out the appropriate line in
/conf/server.xml. When trying to run Tomcat with a security manager by
startup.sh - security I get the following exception. Any ideas how to
fix this?
thanks, Brian

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.se
curity.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission jaxp.
debug read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlConte
xt.java:272)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
399)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:12
78)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:560)
        at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.<clinit>(SAXParserFactory.java:270
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:210)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:187)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)