tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Cassidy (Programmer)" <dcass...@hotgen.com>
Subject Re: Why does Tomcat spend too much time before process a request?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 13:02:43 GMT
Vicente,

You say under stress conditions how many hits are you
doing on tomcat at the same time ?

In server.xml what have you got these set to ...

<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
<Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
<Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
<Parameter name="max_threads" value="10"/>
<Parameter name="max_spare_threads" value="7"/>
<Parameter name="min_spare_threads" value="3" />
</Connector>

I've only got 10 threads here - you might want more :)

How many threads have you got tomcat running ?

Are you using ajp12 or ajp13 ?

What are you using to time this ??????

David