tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Madon <>
Subject Re: strange way to start tomcat
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 07:46:24 GMT
Hi Kris, thanks for the answer.

I have narrowed down the problem.
The default server.xml file sets tomcats to run on port 8080 as
stand alone server.
If i comment out the lines corresponding in the server.xml file, and run
as an apache module, evererything starts smoothly, just with a
bin/ command.

So my problem is only on start up of tomcat as a standalone server.
I still don't understand why i need this tricky sequence of startups and
shutdowns, but that doesn't matter too much to me, as I is recommended
run it as an apche module ;)

>Looks like the port on which tomcat is using is being
>already used by something else , hence the bind

View raw message