tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph A. Noble" <no...@flashman.com>
Subject FRUSTRATED: Is my_mod_jk.conf Only Way
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 01:26:59 GMT
HELP! I'm getting real frustrated.

Based on what I've been reading on the list and the archives, I've tried
modifying:

tomcat-apache.conf
server.xml
uriworkermap.properties
mod_jk.conf
workers.properties

to get Tomcat (3.2.2) and Apache (1.3.20) working on Win98SE, WinNT, and Solaris
2.7 machines nothing I change other than replacing mod_jk.conf-auto seems to
change anything.  Can someone explain what files impact the Apache/Tomcat
configuration or what they do?  Here's the list of files in the conf directory:

build.xml
iis_redirect.reg-auto
jni_server.xml
jni_workers.properties
manifest.servlet
mod_jk.conf
mod_jk.conf-auto
obj.conf
obj.conf-auto
server.xml
test-tomcat.xml
tomcat-apache.conf
tomcat-users.xml
tomcat.conf
tomcat.policy
tomcat.properties
uriworkermap.properties
uriworkermap.properties-auto
web.dtd
web.xml
workers.properties
wrapper.properties

I'm assuming I can ignore all the IIS files, but I'm beginning to even doubt
that.  If someone could just tell me which files are involved, and in what
hierarchy or sequence they are used I could proceed on my own.  It seems like
nothing I change, like trying to use ajp13 instead of ajp12 works. Which of the
above files impact my configuration and which can I ignore?  Any documentation
project should outline what the files are for and what they do.

The cause of my frustration is that we (I) convinced our customer that we didn't
need or want to use Oracle 9iAS Application Server, after 6 months of using it,
and to use Apache/Tomcat instead.  Since they were convinced, I've run into
nothing but frustrations trying to get Tomcat/Apache to work together.  I've
posted three previous messages to the list, including the one below, and
received no response.

HELP!!!
-joe-