tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve <beforewis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat And IIS: Suggestion
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 18:57:39 GMT
Hi

I've been trying to use your tomcat-iis-howto.html to integrate IIS 5.0
on Win 2000 with Tomcat.

I am in my second day and getting very frustrated.

When I try to start tomcat the dos windows wiz by with error messages
that go by to fast for me to read them.  Windows 2000 no longer lets
user conviently set environmental memory via the properties tab.  You
now have to alter the config.sys file.  I can't restart the machine and
I can't read the error msg that happens when I try to start tomcat.

How about modifying your bat files so people can read the error messages?

I would like to suggest that an install program for integrating tomcat
with IIS be created.

I would venture to say that a lot of people who do want to use both IIS
and Tomcat are people like me:  intermediate ( or less ) programmers (
java ) who have a tight fisted corporate structure that will not let my
buy an alternative to Tomcat at the "get go",  who know little about
windows, and less about IIS.

IIS is a very prevalent web server. Tomcat is also prevalent. Many
people would like to use both of them together.

If it was made easy, tomcat ___and java___ would proliferate even faster

Steve