tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pete <p...@claudia.dyn.dhs.org>
Subject Re: AGAIN: Does Apache worth it?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:09:43 GMT
I find Apache with Tomcat to feel noticeably faster. I have no pure HTML
pages at all, just JSPs calling backend classes.

This is simply due to the fact that Apache serves images faster, i would
think.

Since my pages contain, on average at least 5 static GIFs/JPGs, this is
a lot fewer requests for tomcat to process.

I recommend Apache/Tomcat integration for any production setup, though
standalone tomcat will perform just fine during the development process.

Also, if you have missed traffic on the list, why not check the archives
on jakarta.apache.org instead of reposting?

-Pete