tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Cannot find my JavaBeans
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:24:25 GMT

Good! I am not going crazy :)

> I agree with your ClassLoader explanation. I'll look into it.
>
> But, when TC calls my ServletContextListener (this was
> defined as a listener
> within the web.xml) it *should* provide the ClassLoade for
> that application.
> My listener was part of an application and giving it a
> different ClassLoader
> is wrong. In my humble opinion :-)

I agree since you are most likely doing context specific things in SCL that
you would want access to the classes for the context. I would probably want
the same if I were using it.

That is what one of the developers needs to answer - if this is the intended
behavior or a bug.
You could probably ask the tomcat-dev list or file a bug report.
Then you can post your findings here for our reference ;)

> John

Charlie