tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Hosting on IIS
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 14:38:50 GMT
you could map the contextname to something else to return an error for that
context(in server.xml):

<Host name="www.myhypotheticaldomain.com">
  <Context path="/contextname" docBase="webapps/contextname"/>
  <Context path="/othercontextname" docBase="webapps/errorcontext"/>
</Host>

<Host name="www.myotherhypotheticaldomain.com">
  <Context path="/contextname" docBase="webapps/errorcontext"/>
  <Context path="/othercontextname" docBase="webapps/othercontext"/>
</Host>

where errorcontext could just conain a servlet(or jsp) that generates a 404
for each request that it gets, therefore giving the impression that it
doesn't exist. While its not ideal(more maintenance for each site or context
added), it is an option.

I have not tried this, but I believe that the <Context> entries override the
directories under webapps that are added automatically.

Another thing is to move the docbase to not reside under webapps, and
therefore it will *not* be mapped automatically, so only your <Context>
entries will be available for each virtual host.

Charlie