tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jaume Pausas <jpau...@excite.es>
Subject Re: relative path to real one
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:07:29 GMT
Hi!

>  Use ServletContext.getRealPath("xyz"); to do this.
>  This assumes that xyz is a resource in your context
>  root

>  > Is it possible to translate a relative path to its
>  > absolute one in the web
>  > pages under Tomcat 4.0b5?

hmm but I talking about "static" resources, calling from a web page not from
a servlet, perhaps with a filter that translates the code before sending to
the browser client ?? I don´t know but your idea seems to be perferct for
servlet callings.

What I want is to make a web application independent of its context name.

Thanks Best regards,
JPausas

¡Tienes cuentas de e-mail GRATIS en Excite España!
A tu disposición en http://correo.excite.es