tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Grishchenko <VGrishche...@SERENA.com>
Subject RE: Custom HTTP status code
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:40:20 GMT

extract

org/apache/tomcat/core/LocalStrings.properties

(or org/apache/tomcat/service/LocalStrings.properties ??
	don't remember exactly which one did it for me..)

from webserver.jar, add/edit status codes  you want, put it
back and restart Tomcat. You should be running fine now.
This should work on 3.2.2, not sure about T4.

--V.

---------------
Hi!

I'm developing an application not targeted to the web, but still I need to
use the HTTP as the protocol. I've chosen to specify five new status code,
to report some kind of errors I may generate and that aren't covered by
existing ones. These codes are 601, 602, 603, 605, 606. The problem is that
using JRun it just ignored the error code, and reported the page normally;
tomcat, on the other hand, throws an exception everytime my application
reports one such code. This degrades performances very much...

Is there a way to specify these new codes as valid? And, in case, to bind a
string to them as a description, just as for the other ones? I saw there are
some LocalString.properties files, but I can't get them to work; and I think
they're just for localization...

Many thanks,

Germano Rizzo

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.