tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Radvan <James.Rad...@argos.co.uk>
Subject RE: Problem running Tomcat 3.2 as a service on Win2000
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:36:07 GMT
where is your driver stored in the file system?  Try both the /lib directory
and the webapps/[webappname]/WEB-INF/classes directories, and make sure your
classpath points to both.  And check your classpath for spaces in the path.

Good luck.

---------------------------------
James Radvan
Websphere Analyst/Architect
London, UK
james@imperiumglobal.com
+44 7990 624899

-----Original Message-----
From: JBrawner@silenus.com [mailto:JBrawner@silenus.com]
Sent: 02 July 2001 14:27
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem running Tomcat 3.2 as a service on Win2000

I have a servlet that connects to a database. When I have tomcat running
from the batch file (tomcat start) the servlet runs fine and connects to
the db.  When I install tomcat as a service I get a ClassNotFoundException
saying it can't find my JDBC driver.  My driver is contained in a jar file
with the classpath set correctly.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jason E. Brawner
Silenus Group

Click here to visit the Argos home page http://www.argos.co.uk

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and
confidential, and is intended exclusively for the addressee.
The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.

If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution, dissemination or
use of this communication is not authorised.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by using the reply facility
in your e-mail software.
All messages sent and received by Argos Ltd are monitored for virus, high risk file extensions,
and inappropriate content.  As a result users should be aware that mail may be accessed.