tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Seach <jwse...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jdbc odbc bridge on linux
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:12:05 GMT
The jdbc odbc bridge requires an odbc driver on the
local machine.  The local datasource then points to
the remote machine that the server is on, rather than
the JDBC URL.  The jdbc odbc driver is also not
multi-threaded, so not a good choice for using with
Tomcat.

I'm not aware of any free jdbc drivers that will work
with SQL Server, but there are a number of commercial
solutions.  I use the OPTA 2000 driver from
www.inetsoftware.de.

Hope this helps,

Jim