tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joseph D Toussaint <jdtou...@cariboulake.com>
Subject Re: Problems with authentication
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:22:38 GMT
It's my understanding that j_security_check, j_username and j_password
are all used with form based authentication (specified in th web.xml).
The idea is that you create a 'custom login screen' and name you user
field j_username and your password j_password.  Then the action for that
form is j_security_check.

Thats about the extent of my knowledge, for more information I'd look at
the Servlet 2.3 spec.  Thats where I found the stuff mentioned above.

hope it helps

joe