tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Raber Chris <cpra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Please,please can you help me?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:06:58 GMT
Try adjusting the policies as required in the
tomcat.policy file. Just don't ask me what you need to
change ;-)

--- Brian McSweeney <Brian.McSweeney@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have had a problem with trying to run a security
> manager in
> Apache-Soap for days. I'm running Tomcat3.2.2 and
> using soap 2-2 and
> xerces 1_4_1. However the inclusion of xerces causes
> an error when I try
> to run Tomcat with a security manager. It all works
> fine otherwise.
> Without xerces I can run a security manager with
> Tomcat, and with xerces
> I can run Tomcat without a security manager. However
> with xerces and a
> security manager when I try to run Tomcat I get this
> error. I would be
> indebted forever if someone could help me. I've
> tried both windows 98
> and Solaris - same error.
> Brian
>
> > Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
> > java.security.AccessControlException: access
> denied
>
> > (java.util.PropertyPermission jaxp. debug read)
> >         at

java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)

> >         at

java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)

> >         at

java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
> >         at

java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1278)

> >         at
> > java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:560)
> >         at

javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.<clinit>(SAXParserFactory.java:270)

> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:210)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:187)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)