tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Renato Weiner <rewei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Killing endless loop servlet - howto ? killing JVM or unload class ?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:08:26 GMT

Hi,
Actually I'm testing some time-out features of Tomcat. Users eventually ended up doing endless
loops ( like, forgetting to move to next line in a database record set... ). So, what I'm
trying to see if there is a patch that could kill the 'offending' threads after a defined
time interval.
Thanks
Renato.

  Dmitri Colebatch <dim@nuix.com.au> wrote: Does it intentionally loop forever? If so,
creating a new thread and having
that do the work (hence returning tomcat's thread to the server) should do
the trick.

cheers
dim