tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kcbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: (application library) ClassNotFoundException
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:05:57 GMT
> > Ok that works, but is that "the right thing to do"?
>
> No, not really, but if you don't want to have multiple file copies
> (which shouldn't be that much of a problem really) this is the only
> way to do it, unless you want to rewrite some of tomcats class

I agree that having multiple copies isn't much of a problem, especially since
the file is only 1.1Mb in size.  I suspect everyone must run into this
"problem" though if they're using JDBCRealm so maybe, one day far in the
future, I'll poke around the class loading mechanism and see what I can do.

Thanks for all your help Michael,
Kevin.