tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Boris Niyazov <niya...@solni.law.columbia.edu>
Subject Re: JSP / JavaBean problem
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 21:44:47 GMT
According to JSP specs if you're attemting to initialize a bean property from a
request parameter that does not exist or is defined as an empty value then
<jsp:setProperty> command has no effect: the tag is just ignored. More exactly
(from the JSP 1.1 spec):
"If the param is not set in the Request object, or if it has the value of "",
the jsp:setProperty element has no effect (a noop)"

hth
* Boris Niyazov                Ph:  212-854-4094  Fax: 212-854-1749 *
* Systems Manager              Email: ban5@columbia.edu             *
* Columbia Law School          URL: http://www.law.columbia.edu     *