tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Krishna Muthyala <get2kri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: strange way to start tomcat
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:31:36 GMT
Alex

Looks like the port on which tomcat is using is being
already used by something else , hence the bind
exception

kris
--- Alex Madon <madon@cma-it.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I downloaded tomcat 3.2.2 binaries distribution and
> installed it in my
> /opt (SuSE linux 7.0) dir.
> 
> The sequence from the doc:
> TOMCAT_HOME=/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 ; export
> TOMCAT_HOME;
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jdk1.1.8/; export JAVA_HOME;
> bin/startup.sh
> 
> didn't work:
> the server serves pages only very very slow (have to
> wait to minutes to
> get a page)
> when I connect to port 8080.
> 
> The only way I found to make it work is to issue the
> forllowing sequence
> of
> startup.sh and shutdown.sh:
> 
> bin/startup.sh
> bin/shutdown.sh 
> bin/startup.sh
> bin/startup.sh
> 
> Follwos the output of issuing the commands.
> Does somebody has an idea to make it work on the
> first bin/startup.sh?????????
> 
> Thanks
> Alex
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # bin/tomcat.sh
> start
> Using classpath:
>
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/ant.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jasper.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jaxp.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/parser.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/servlet.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/test:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/webserver.jar
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # Starting tomcat.
> Check
> logs/tomcat.log for error messages 
> 2001-07-05 09:49:40 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /examples )
> 2001-07-05 09:49:40 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /admin )
> 2001-07-05 09:49:40 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx(  )
> 2001-07-05 09:49:40 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /test )
> 2001-07-05 09:49:46 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting
> HttpConnectionHandler
> on 8080
> 
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # 
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # bin/tomcat.sh
> stop 
> Using classpath:
>
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/ant.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jasper.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jaxp.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/parser.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/servlet.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/test:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/webserver.jar
> Stop tomcat
> 2001-07-05 09:49:46 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting
> Ajp12ConnectionHandler
> on 8007
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # bin/tomcat.sh
> start
> Using classpath:
>
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/ant.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jasper.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jaxp.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/parser.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/servlet.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/test:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/webserver.jar
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # Starting tomcat.
> Check
> logs/tomcat.log for error messages 
> 2001-07-05 09:49:55 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /examples )
> 2001-07-05 09:49:55 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /admin )
> 2001-07-05 09:49:55 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx(  )
> 2001-07-05 09:49:55 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /test )
> FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>         at
>
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:363)
>         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:138)
>         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:102)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:97)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:239)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)
> 
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # 
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # bin/tomcat.sh
> start
> Using classpath:
>
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/ant.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jasper.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/jaxp.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/parser.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/servlet.jar:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/test:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/lib/webserver.jar
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # Starting tomcat.
> Check
> logs/tomcat.log for error messages 
> 2001-07-05 09:50:08 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /examples )
> 2001-07-05 09:50:08 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /admin )
> 2001-07-05 09:50:08 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx(  )
> 2001-07-05 09:50:08 - ContextManager: Adding context
> Ctx( /test )
> FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>         at
>
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:363)
>         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:138)
>         at
> java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:102)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:97)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:239)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
>         at
>
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)
> 
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # 
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # 
> torino:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2 # ps aux | grep
> tomcat
> root      6316  7.5  1.8 25844 4828 pts/2    S   
> 09:49   0:06
> /usr/lib/jdk1.1.8//bin/i686/green_threads/java
> -Dtomcat.home=/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2
> org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat
> -----------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> -- 
> Capital Management Advisors
> Via Piave 8 00187 Roma, Italy
> Tel: (39)06 42036611 Fax: (39)06 4873968


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Mime
View raw message