tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wyn Easton <wyneas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie stumped by NoClassDefFoundError
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 12:32:08 GMT
First, you need to increase your environment space.
I'm on NT and don't remember the parameter to
"command.com" that enlarges the environment for W98.
Try "help command" at the command prompt to find the
right parameter.
Next, you need to pay attention to the error message
about 8.3 file names. You may need to find the 8.3
names for your jar files that are too long.

Your basic problem is that Java can not find the class
files it needs to run Tomcat.  That is due to your
environment size and file names.

--- Yizchak Naveh-Benjamin
<cs993542@ariel.cs.yorku.ca> wrote:

> I'm trying to install Tomcat 3.2.2 under Win98, but
> keep getting a
> NoClassDefFoundError.  I've looked through the
> archives and tried some of
> the different solutions that have been proposed to
> this problem, but
> nothing seems to work.
>
> Here are my environment variables:
>
> SET

PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\JDK1.3.0_02\BIN