tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nivedan Nadraj <niveel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does Apache worth it?
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 19:18:45 GMT
Hi Eitan,

  Apache as far as I know is a powerful full blown
HTTP server. Tomcat is also a webserver and as you
already know it supports servlets and JSP's.
  The internals of how Tomcat and apache differ I do
not know. But from the docs I guess it's the divide
and rule policy. Anyting related to static it is
directed to Apache since it is a proven and powerful
HTTP service and when it is servlets or JSP it is
redirected to Tomcat.
  Basic developement we can use Tomcat I guess for
production it is better to use Apache to serve the
static files. There is more to it...this is my part.

  Nive