tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Emir Alikadic (ADNOC IS&T)" <ealika...@adnoc.com>
Subject RE: JSP pages cannot be viewed
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:49:35 GMT

[SNIP]

> And according to Emir Alikadic's recommended website
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=97870338519857&w=2, I'm
> not understand this statement :
>
> /* One word of caution though: on a windows system, even if you
> installed
> the development kit, a JRE is installed as well.  Make sure
> you set your
> JAVA_HOME environment variable to correct one.
> (On my system the JDK is on c:\java\jdk1.3 and the JRE on c:\program
> files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3) */
>
> How can I set the JRE path?

The idea is that you have to have the full J2SE SDK (formerly JDK) and not
just the runtime (JRE).  If you're sure you've downloaded/installed full
version of J2SE, then you should have anything to worry about (of course,
JAVA_HOME has to point to the installation directory, which you seem to have
done).

> Thanks for help and suggestion.
>
> regards,
> Han Lin

Regards,

Emir.

DISCLAIMER: The content of the preceding message is exclusively
            the personal opinion of the author, i.e. myself. Under no
            circumstances should the content be attributed to my employer.