tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Solecki <garth_g...@excite.com>
Subject Re: Help! Can't install Tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:03:09 GMT
This may or may not help, but I think you need to append
"c:\jdk1.3.1\jre\bin" to your PATH.  It looks like it's missing the Runtime
Environment.  Just make sure that somewhere in one of the PATHS you have the
JRE.

This is what My PATH looks like on a Windows 95 machine With Tomcat
3.something installed
PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\PERSON~1;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\WINDOWS\UTILS;C:\PSM;C:\WNETFIN;C:\JDK13;C:\JDK13\BIN;C:\NOTES;C:\JDK13\JRE\BIN;C:\JAVASOFT\JRE\BIN;

Put the JRE in your path and restart Tomcat.
This may or may not help you specifically, but it can't really hurt to try.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:14:08 -0400, tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org wrote:

>  Help! I'm having problems installing Tomcat 4 on a WinNT 4 machine.
>
>  I dloaded the binary code and added my JAVA_HOME (to JRE 1.3.1) and
>  TOMCAT_HOME paths. I have "c:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar" appended to my
>  CLASSPATH. When I type "http://localhost:8080", I get the Tomcat default
>  page. When I try to execute a JSP, I get the following error:
>  A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
>  Exception Report:
>  javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
>  	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:464)
>  	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>

>  What am I doing wrong? I am not a system administrator, so please be
>  patient. I just want to install Tomcat so I can install Cocoon2 and do
some
>  XML programming. Help!

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/